February 15, 2014

7/52



"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2014."

Lilia:  Waiting patiently for the arrival of her grandparents.
Evan: I catch him at times with this expression and I'll ask him "What are you thinking about?"....his reply every time "Oh, nothing". I wonder where his mind travels to.

It has been, yet again, one of those weeks where school was canceled and another winter storm came. The novelty has worn off and I am now dreaming of warmer days and some consistency. 

Inspired by Jodi's 52 Project

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Lisha.
    I've been dreaming of cooler days. Bring on Autumn (or your spring) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures draw me to themselves.

    I love the light and pose of your daughter and your son's beautiful eyes are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrolling through the thumbprints on Practising Simplicity and yours caught my eye! Stunning photographs of two beautiful children. I love the light back light in the first and those eyes and sweeping dark hair, so handsome. Looks like he's a deep thinker! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness these portraits are just beautiful, I just adore that one of Lilia, such gorgeous light! Wishing for warmer days here too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever to capture that expression! Hope you're not feeling too much cabin fever with the winter storms. We are the opposite - hiding out from the heat and humidity in air conditioning!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooh... I really like these two photos. Nice job, Lish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is something so special about photos of children at windows - the anticipation, the stillness, the light. Just beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these portraits! Especially the one of Lilia, so serene looking and the light is stunning. I listed you as one of my favorites of week 7. Best wishes from the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete